Friday, March 11, 2016

My first Etude House order arrives!

Of course receiving a pink-decorated package from Etude House in the mail like this will make any beauty lover's day. The shipping time shocked me when my products arrived from Korea a scant week after I placed my order online. Everything arrived well-packed and undamaged in the adorable box pictured above.
 

I was interested in this My Beauty Tool Secret Brush 121 Skin set, an impeccable dupe for costlier toothbrush-styled brushes from lines like Artis and MAC. As a bonus, this one has an interchangeable sponge head attachment to blot excess product and perfect the complexion for a flawless finish. At a fraction of the cost of those others, the densely-packed bristles of this brilliant makeup tool absorb minimal product and disperse it more efficiently than any other brush I've used. The unusual shape of the brush doesn't take much getting used to, it actually feels very natural once you get started, and the results are amazing. For $16.80 USD, I am definitely keen to buy at least one more set to add to my frequent rotation.



I also ordered this Drawing Eye Brow in Shade #2, a triangle-shaped brow pencil with a nice spoolie on the opposite end, that seems to be a perfect dupe for the new Anastasia Brow pencil that's about ten times the cost. I can't imagine how a brow pencil this good only cost me $3.60 USD, but the colour and consistency are among the best in my collection, so this brow pencil has become an everyday essential in my beauty routine.


Here you see the Soft Touch Auto Lip Liner in the shade #04, where I finally found the deep raspberry lipliner I've been craving of late. It is softer than I expected and smoothly draws a deeply-pigmented line in just the shade I was looking for. I love it paired with a matching dark berry lipstick, or as a blending colour so lighter nude tones look better against my dark tan skin. To my delight, these auto pencils do not budge once applied, even the hand swatches you see below took more than a few swipes with cleanser to remove, so I'm very satisfied with both.
Etude House Drawing Eye Brow #2 and Soft Touch Auto Lip Liner #04
Just before checking out, I popped a few more goodies into my online cart, including a pack of Every Month Cleansing Tissues, Oh Happy Day Hand Bouquet Rich Butter Hand Cream, I Need You Face Masks in Mugwort and Korean Ginseng and a couple of Collagen Eye Patch masks to round out my order with an interesting selection of Etude House's offerings.

Aside from the ultra-fast delivery to Canada, I am truly impressed with the quality and price of everything I've tried by Etude House. When you sign up as a new member, you'll receive discounts on your first two orders, 10% and 15% respectively, plus they usually have bonuses and discounts on their already very affordable products. Even though I can access certain items from this line through local vendors in my area, none of them have the selection found online. I now have dozens of products in my Etude House wishlist, and I'm struggling to decide which to choose for my next order. With so many great options, it's a delightful embarrassment of choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment